8/16/14 - Canning tomatoes day!!

This is it, first time for everything.  I've never canned before but I've watched Mom do it when I was A LOT younger.  Glad I had her experience to watch, some don't.  I'm also glad I watched my Mom cook, if not I don't think I would have done as well as I did.  Since I've ventured out in cooking more than she did I can say that I'm not a better cook, just more diverse.

I'm a little anxious to do this.  I'm going to make sauce out of the tomatoes and then finish them off in a hot water bath for safe measure.  I've got a lot to do before the cooking begins.  I haven't washed my jars yet.

I'll post my results.  I wish I had posted this from my phone so I could use that funny emoji of the scared grin.

Better days are coming...with some fresh tomatoes for winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2/2/2022 - Tips before your spouse dies

Here are some tips that I've learned with the death of my husband. Have your own credit cards. If you have individual credit cards you w...