Saturday, August 16, 2014

8/16/14 - Canning tomatoes day!!

This is it, first time for everything.  I've never canned before but I've watched Mom do it when I was A LOT younger.  Glad I had her experience to watch, some don't.  I'm also glad I watched my Mom cook, if not I don't think I would have done as well as I did.  Since I've ventured out in cooking more than she did I can say that I'm not a better cook, just more diverse.

I'm a little anxious to do this.  I'm going to make sauce out of the tomatoes and then finish them off in a hot water bath for safe measure.  I've got a lot to do before the cooking begins.  I haven't washed my jars yet.

I'll post my results.  I wish I had posted this from my phone so I could use that funny emoji of the scared grin.

Better days are coming...with some fresh tomatoes for winter.

No comments :

Post a Comment