12/22/16 - DaDecBloPoMo day 22 - The Cavalry has arrived

I got a text yesterday morning, "Would you like it if I came over tomorrow and helped you clean?"  An answer to prayers, of course I would!

The best Daddy in the world, mine, had been in an accident before I was born which left him with a stiff left leg and missing three fingers of his right hand.  He was told he would never walk again.  He had a wife and two little boys to support so he was determined to not only walk but go back to work, which he did.

My Daddy would never ask for help.  I don't think it was out of pride but because he thought he could do it all, and do it all with little to no help from others.

I am like my Daddy about asking for help.  I hate admitting defeat and that's how I feel if I ask for help.  I know I can't do it all but a part of my brain says, sure you can.  Then that part of my brain makes me feel like I'm a big old loser because I don't do it all.

So to my Kristin, thank you, I love you.  Image result for kissing lips

Tomorrow:  "The Vase"

No comments:

Post a Comment

2/2/2022 - Tips before your spouse dies

Here are some tips that I've learned with the death of my husband. Have your own credit cards. If you have individual credit cards you w...