12/8/16 - DaDecBloPoMo day 8 - The Mighty

I submitted my story to The Mighty and they turned me down.  What the heck?  I have a couple of their diseases.  I say let the community decide.  Maybe the story I have could encourage someone, inspire someone or even bring a smile.  They are going to be sorry when I complete my book and become famous, they'll want me then.  And I, taking the high road, will tell them to "bite me".  How's that for your high road.

I don't know if I ever take the high road.  I usually take the smartass road and if you know a smartass or are a smartass, you know where that road leads.  Straight to your funny bone!  I do have a problem containing my smartass remarks.  When an occasion arises I have to take a deep breath and try to calm my mouth.  For instance, David and I will be talking about something and I'll say something and then he draws a blank or something and asks what I'm talking about.  *deep breath*  "I'm talking about what we were talking about." *deep breath*  I don't say what comes in my mind because it wouldn't be nice.  And that dear folks is how you keep a marriage together when you are a smartass.

Hmmmmm...do we do a writing prompt for my smartass readers?  Um, yeah!

Writing prompt for 12/9/16:

Are you a smartass?  If so write about a time you had to stifle it.

or

Does the smartass in your life get on your nerves?  Write about how you avoid killing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

2/2/2022 - Tips before your spouse dies

Here are some tips that I've learned with the death of my husband. Have your own credit cards. If you have individual credit cards you w...