1/1/17 - Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2017!  I love the new year so far, I slept until after 10am.  I can't remember the last time I slept that late, maybe as a teenager.

I'll be making black-eyed peas today.  I didn't start 2016 with black-eyed peas and the year sucked so I'm going back to my tradition.  Not just my tradition, but a tradition throughout the southeast.

Photo of Hoppin John - Melanie Acevedo / Getty Images I don't think mine will look like this as I'm just having bacon and onion in my peas.  I'd throw in some collard greens if I had some, but I don't.

Do you have New Year traditions?

I'm not sure what I'll be doing this new year with my blog.  I can see myself posting daily because I've gotten into the habit.  I've posted every day for the past two months.  I didn't realize I had so much to say daily.  I'll be mulling it over today, while my peas cook.  If you smell bacon coming from my way, come on over for some peas.

Love y'all!  Image result for kissing lips

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm. Good stuff. All y'all better get over here before I eat it all.

    /s/ davidk

    ReplyDelete

2/2/2022 - Tips before your spouse dies

Here are some tips that I've learned with the death of my husband. Have your own credit cards. If you have individual credit cards you w...